One CSA box, one family of four, and a whole lot of possibilities.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

You look radishing, really.

I never really thought much about radishes. They came in a plastic bag, tasted kind of sharp, and didn't make much of an impression on me when my mom tossed them in a salad.

Then one morning at the farmers market I cam across some pink and white radishes that were long and thin, with floppy green tops. I loved them upon first sight and bought them on the spot. I had no idea what to do with them, but through some high level research (um, Google) I discovered that these mild radishes go well with buttered bread and a sprinkling of coarse salt. And a new favorite sandwich was born.

So when the CSA box yielded a bunch of white radishes, I knew what to do. I washed them, cut off the tops and put them on a plate with some salt. I didn't include bread or butter, because I was cooking crab cake tacos and didn't want to spoil anyone's dinner. They were sweet and mild, salty and crunchy. Better than potato chips. Or close, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment